The Toronto Stock market looked to start off lower on Monday as turmoil in
The S&P/TSX composite index gained 91.98 points to finish Friday and the week at 15,001.61
The Canadian dollar slipped
Sears Canada says it has an agreement to develop its property at the
The agreement would see the sale of a 50% interest in the site to Concord for a value of about
Aveda Transportation and Energy Services says it's buying the U.S.-based rig moving assets of Precision Drilling Corp. for
On the economic slate, Statistics Canada reported that investors offshore added
Markets were unsettled Monday as geopolitical concerns took a toll on investor confidence.
Ahead of the opening bell, futures for the Dow Jones Industrials doffed 24 points, or 0.1%, to 16,673. Futures for the S&P 500 dipped 5.10 points, or 0.3%, to 1,923.20, and futures for the NASDAQ fell 8.25 points, or 0.2%, to 3,760.75.
Starbucks shares were lower by roughly 2% in pre-market trading. The company announced Sunday night that it will begin paying up to
Medtronic shares surged 11% in pre-market trading after the company announced it will buy
The U.S. Federal Reserve will release its monthly industrial production report at
The Federal Reserve will discuss monetary policy on Tuesday and Wednesday. The meeting will be closely watched by investors.
The latest trouble in
Meanwhile, oil prices were on the rise as militants extended their control in
Oil prices nosed up
Gold prices gained
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?