In separate interviews with KUNA, several traders pointed out that speculators have been playing a negative role on the market since the start of 2014 in favor of some companies and to make quick gains.
"The market also suffers from several other factors the latest of which is the internal and external political development which pushed some traders to hold back from trading," KSE trader and financial analyst
"This has turned
"They pile huge pressure on small traders pushing them to random selling operations from which they make gains," Al-Mutairi told KUNA.
"This raises concerns about the direction of the market in July which will coincide with the Holy fasting month of
For his part, trader
"Only self-interest are driving force behind any decision they take on the market," Al-Hajiri told KUNA, adding that such a kind of traders never hesitate to withdraw and move to other regional markets for bigger gains at any time.
The market was also dominated by random operations that caused the indicators to decline all over the session.
The board showed the weighted index at 481.2 points with a loss of 6.1 points, the price index at 7,142.42 points with loss of 101.71 points, and the KSX 15 at 1,173.15 points, shedding 18.35 points.
The trading session saw 3,798 deals worth KD 24.048 million, with some 151.45 million shares changing hands.
The sector indices board was also solid red upon closing. (end) mka.tb.ibi
All KUNA right are reserved
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan