Xiaomi, a leading mobile internet company, has used materials from
The phone addressed growing consumer requirements such as thinner, more durable walls and an antenna-integrated frame, said the
Xiaomi selected Sabic's LNP Thermocomp compound, LNP Thermocomp LDS and Lexan EXL resin to create a smartphone that met complex technical specifications without compromising on design and aesthetic appeal, it said.
"As consumers continue to seek out smaller, thinner smartphone devices that are multi-functional, manufacturers are increasingly looking for new ways to consolidate parts while ensuring that the materials comprising the more compact device remain compatible,"
"Sabic delivered a combination of materials which enabled Xiaomi to integrate the antenna into the frame of the phone, which helped to reduce the part space and weight of the phone without sacrificing design or performance. Additionally, Sabic's ability to offer all three materials used in the phone saved the customer time in validating compatibility, enabling them to develop this industry leading smartphone at an excellent value."
Sabic's new grade LNP Thermocomp compound and LNP Thermocomp LDS were used by Xiaomi to create a new smartphone frame, which required strength, stiffness and impact resistance, and the integrated antenna, said the report.
Its Lexan EXL resin was selected to allow for rich, jewel-toned colours for the backing of the device, it added.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More