The cellular mobile operators conducted Quality of Service (QoS) surveys in 22 cities designated by PTA during this fiscal year and analysis reports were submitted to the regulator which reviewed thoroughly and resultantly directed the operators to improve quality of service where it was not up to the mark.
Official sources at the Authority on Sunday said to monitor performance standards of mobile industry, mobile phone operators in compliance with their license terms and conditions are required to carry out the quality of service analysis of their respective networks on quarterly basis and submit detailed reports to PTA.
In this regard, the regulator provides continuous guidance to them about the methodology, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and geographical areas for QoS inspection.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July