Punjab Finance Minister Mujtaba Shujaur Rehman said the
Addressing a post-budget press conference here on Saturday, he said that huge foreign investment in different sectors was expected during the next fiscal due to which financial resources of the province would improve.
He said that wealthy people would be brought into the tax net and an austerity campaign under which a 30% cut on expenditures of CM's House, ministers and government departments had been made would continue in the next fiscal year.
A ban on purchasing new vehicles and renovation of government offices would continue during the next fiscal year .
Subsidy on green tractors has been withdrawn and
The minister said that
He said that loans would be given for 50,000 yellow cabs and loaders during the next fiscal and the scheme would also be extended to rural areas.
Funds have also been allocated for the under-construction building of
To a question, he said that an amount of
He said that steps were being taken to further improve working of
He said that an 8 percent growth rate was expected in the province during the next four years. He said that for the first time in the province 36 percent allocations of the budget had been made for South Punjab.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border