Senior IT. Correspondent
The NCC had invited research proposals from tertiary institutions in the country to promote telecoms-based innovations from the academia as a critical aspect of the Commission's mandate.
The promotion of
The presentation of this grant to the lead researcher, Dr.
The concept was evaluated along with 10 other research proposals by professionals from the academia, industry, the public sector and the regulator who rated the research proposal Dr. Olugbemiga as the most preferred submission.
The commission said it was guided by this informed decision of the professionals and the claim of the researchers that the portable NBS is realisable locally and capable of boosting the capacity of contiguous cell sites to cope with unplanned traffic surge at places of big events and high telecommunication usage, thereby mitigating the incidences of drop calls and other poor quality of service issues.
The role of the NCC in this project is to provide a grant to the researchers to produce the research proposal to prototype. If the Prototype is robust and competitive, there should be investors to fund its mass production to the mutual benefit of collaborators.
In a related development, the NCC has commissioned its ADAPTI and DAP projects in several institutions of higher learning and secondary technical schools across the federation.
ADAPTI is one of the programmes through which the Commission introduced to bridge the digital divide existing in the academia with the provision of computers and other ICT facilities to equip lecturers and other experts in order to improve their ICT skills and also to enrich the students.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women