In line with state policy and with support from the
Under the auspices of the President of the Republic, Hery Rajaonarimampianina, the national dialogue got underway on
The island of
In President Rajaonarimampianina's words: "We are aware of the challenges facing our country, as clearly reflected in the General State Policy, which seeks to establish inclusive and sustainable development grounded in inclusive growth, to counter poverty. [We must learn] to better preserve our natural resources, and optimally draw economic benefits from them. We must also more effectively distribute income and profits, build durable infrastructure, better prepare to limit the risk of disasters, and transform the stakes of climate change into development opportunities."
The workshop provided an opportunity to initiate collaborative reflection and define a common vision for approaching green growth that suits
Lastly, they agreed upon a medium-term road map charting the actions to be undertaken to set the country on the path to greener, more inclusive development.
Abdelkrim Bendjebbour, AfDB Resident Representative in
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply