Eurozone inflation slowed as estimated in May, final data from Eurostat showed.
Inflation eased to 0.5% in May from 0.7% in April. The rate came in line with the flash estimate published on
Inflation has been below the
The euro rose to 0.7977 against the pound, from nearly a 1-1/2 year low of 0.7958. The pair closed last week's deals at 0.7973. If the euro extends its gain, it is likely to find resistance around the 0.80 zone.
The euro held steady against the US dollar, after falling to a 4-day low of 1.3511 around
The euro fell to 1.2173 against the Swiss franc, from an early high of 1.2187.The next possible support for the euro is seen at 1.20.
The euro held steady against the yen, following a 4-month low of 137.70 hit around
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)