Codethink, expert developers of Linux-based device solutions, showed a version of the latest Linux 3.15 kernel with a Baserock operating system and 100% open source graphics driver stack running on
"Keeping the whole software stack open means you can innovate faster and optimise all the way down to the metal," said Codethink CTO
The NVIDIA Jetson TK1 features a 4-core A15 cpu and a 192-core Kepler K1, all for under
Baserock is an open source project originally created by Codethink engineers, which integrates a large set of open source and free software components into complete custom operating systems. It's a bit like a Linux distro, a build system, a workflow and a development environment all in one. The general aim of the project is to fix the things that are wrong with systems software engineering.
For more information about Baserock see http://wiki.baserock.org.
For more information about Codethink see http://www.codethink.co.uk.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause