Convened for the first time in
Delegates would assess and discuss the Bank's resource mobilization position, particularly its funding portfolio and the need for capital injection by member states. The discussions would also review operational and policy issues, ranging from loan approvals, commitments currently financed and the status of commitments from member countries.
The EBID, formerly the EOCWAS fund was established by the
The EIBD was founded to help leverage lending capital within the ECOWAS zone and support member states carry out development projects aimed at alleviating poverty and driving economic growth and the development.
It emerged following the transformation, in 1999, of the former ECOWAS Fund for Cooperation, Compensation and Development (created at the same time with ECOWAS and became operational in 1979).
EBID, as a bank became operational on
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China