The dollar eased to
There was little movement versus the sterling, with the dollar briefly slipping to
Risk aversion helped the yen today, resulting in some modest losses for the dollar against its Japanese rival. The pair was bouncing around
Traders were keeping an eye on a few geopolitical situations, particularly the conflict between Sunni insurgents and the Iraqi military.
With the US weighing its options to settle the crisis, the safe haven yen has found its footing.
In economic news, industrial production in the US rose by slightly more than expected in the month of May, according to a report released by the Federal Reserve on Monday, with the increase partly due to a rebound in manufacturing output.
The Fed said industrial production increased by 0.6% in May following a revised 0.3% decrease in April.
Homebuilder confidence in the US has improved by more than expected in the month of June, according to a report released by the
Meanwhile, final data from Eurostat showed that inflation eased to 0.5% in May from 0.7% in April. The rate came in line with the flash estimate published on
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention