At the earliest available opportunity, the DA will write to the Chairperson of the Finance Portfolio Committee,
I will also submit parliamentary questions to the Minister of Finance, Nhlanhla Nene, to determine the exact nature of corruption allegations lobbed against FSB Chief Financial Officer,
It appears that a crisis of leadership at state institutions is well underway, which could have a devastating effect on the institutions' capacity to deliver on their mandates. Two weeks ago,
At a time when confidence in our economy is at a demoralising low, following the downgrade by two of the world's top rating agencies, and ever declining economic growth curbing job creation, we simply cannot afford any loss of faith in key institutions.
Details relating to exact nature of the allegations faced by
Details pertaining to the investigation into the allegations, particularly -
What stage has the investigation reached?
Will details of the investigation be released to the public?
What remedial action has been or is to be taken should misconduct be established? and
What interim plans are in place to mitigate the recent loss of senior leadership within the institution?
Corruption within state entities ultimately harms government's ability to deliver crucial services to the people of
This also requires a spirit of transparency from within institutions themselves. The nature and details of allegations against
The DA will continue in our efforts to ensure South Africans receive the answers they deserve.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant