Lagarde held a press conference this morning to discuss the release of the IMF’s annual review of the U.S. economy. The report addressed building blocks for longer-term growth and job creation; confronting poverty in the U.S.; tackling unemployment; reducing public debt; managing financial risks and next steps with housing finance reform.
In this morning’s wide-ranging interview, Lagarde discusses her faith in the American people and the U.S. economic system, her relationship with Fed Chair
The interview will air on today’s Marketplace with
Marketplace® is produced and distributed by American Public Media™ (APM), one of the largest producers and distributors of public radio programming in the world with a portfolio reaching more than 18 million listeners via more than 900 radio stations nationwide each week. Produced in association with the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad