A capital market expert highlighted the need for world financial sources to work together to boost market-based finance.
Chairman of the Board of the
During the meeting of the 32-member board drawn from developed and emerging markets, members discussed developments on a number of key initiatives.
On initiatives to support the G20-FSB efforts to restore stability in the global financial system and build economic growth, the board discussed the methodologies for identifying financial institutions and activities in the areas of asset management and market intermediaries.
The board discussed on the role capital markets and securities regulators can play in supporting long-term finance, including infrastructure investment and SME financing.
The board believed there was need to improve investor protection and confidence in markets.
Board members also examined policy measures aimed at building capacity in emerging markets and supporting the creation of strong regulatory frameworks for sustaining growth in both emerging and developed markets.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos