A young Bengal tiger, imported only two years ago from
The tiger, according to sources, had been suffering from a deadly disease for months. Due to digestive problems, the poor animal had reportedly stopped eating and had become unable to move freely due to weakness.
Khan said no negligence could be found on part of the zoo administration which could be attributed to the animal's death.
Sources said the zoo administration had called quite a few experts to examine the animal but no treatment had proved effective.
The ailing tiger was bought with its mate, aged between three and four years, at a cost of
A Bengal tiger died at the same zoo in 2012 after having remained ill for some time. Zoo officials claimed that the ageing big cat had suffered a third attack of paralysis and couldn't survive.
National animal of both
The total population of the endangered species is estimated at fewer than 2,500 individuals in the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant