Speaking during the official launching ceremony in Dar es Salaam at the weekend, Barclays Retail Director, Mr
He said that the bank was proud to be the first bank to introduce such a unique service in the Tanzanian market.
"Paperless banking services are taking the place of traditional paper products including the use of withdrawal and cash deposit forms.
"This is an innovation and a milestone to be proud of as now our customers can now complete their teller banking transactions in less than three minutes with no need fill in forms required for cash and cheque deposits and cash withdrawals," he said.
He added that the initiative has tremendously cut down the cost to serve the customers but also reduced turnaround time to transact customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve