ENP Newswire -
Release date- 13062014 -
Tax Information for Shareholders
U.S. individual or other non-corporate taxpayers may be eligible for the reduced rate of tax currently applicable to 'qualified dividends' provided that the investor meets the holding period and any other requirements.
The Company's common share dividend is subject to a 25% withholding tax rate for holders that are not residents of
Non-Canadian holders may be required by their brokers to complete a Form NR301 (or an equivalent form) in order to demonstrate their entitlement to a treaty-reduced rate of withholding tax. U.S. and other non-Canadian holders should consult their brokers about the requirement to provide such forms.
U.S. individuals holding shares in taxable accounts may be eligible to receive a credit on their U.S. income tax return for this withholding tax. U.S. individuals holding the Company's common shares in Individual Retirement Accounts ('IRAs') may be exempt from withholding tax pursuant to the
Taxpayers should always seek their own independent qualified professionals regarding the tax consequences of purchasing or owning common shares of the Company. Individuals who believe the withholding tax exemption applies to their IRA should contact their broker to determine how to claim the exemption.
Atlantic Power Corporation Amanda Wagemaker, Investor Relations(617) 977-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of financial data and other publicly filed documents are filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com or on EDGAR at www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml under '
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week