Thousands of tons of food products will be offered with "great discounts",
The discounted products will be offered through the main three consumer complexes Al-Ahram, Al-Nile and
Minister of Supply
The ministry pointed out that 4,300 tons of Sudanese and Brazilian fresh meat and over 1,000 tons Brazilian frozen meat will be available for consumers. Over 1,000 tons of local meat will also be offered along with 1,425 tons of frozen chicken and 400 tons of fish.
The ministry stated that the price of a kilo of frozen Brazilian meat vary between
Around 4,900 tons of white rice, 8,220 tons of wheat and 1,050 tones of pasta will be offered at the complexes. Commodities available will also include 21,000 tons of butter and over 2m cartons of cooking oils along with tomato paste, various legumes, olives, juices and fresh fruit.
The ministry mentioned that the available amount can increase according to the demand.
An exhibition for food commodities with "great discounts" will start Wednesday in Cairo International Fair Grounds in Nasr City and last for 10 days, the ministry added.
According to the
Egyptian imports of dried fruits, consumed mainly during the month of
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer