RBS MOVED closer to selling a chunk of
One of those could be to seek a private equity investor to take a substantial stake in
Frontrunners for that option are KKR and
Other options could include winding much of the bank's operations down - after several billion pounds of losses, RBS is thought to be unable or extremely reluctant to fund a full turnaround of the unit by itself.
It is part of
RBS and the private equity firms declined to comment on the plans.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers