The joint-press statement said that the agreement will ensure greater differentiation for MEEZA's core retail services, such as disaster recovery, cloud data storage and data centers.
Qnbn's network connectivity will offer MEEZA passive fiber point-to-point (P2P) connectivity with dedicated and geo-redundant links will also cover operational aspects and periodic maintenance.
The P2P network links directly to a central office through a dedicated fibre, offering distinct flexibility, cost-efficiency and high-volume symmetrical bandwidth when compared to shared medium networks. Qnbn's fibre optic infrastructure will connect MEEZA's main Data Centres (M-VAULT 1 and M-VAULT 3) at Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP) and M-VAULT 2 at Umm Qarn.
Qnbn's network infrastructure enables high-bandwidth services, including mobile backhaul to residential and business customers. The state-of-the-art network is expected to support the latest productivity applications, services and content. The Peninsula
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare