Across all industries, consumers are using physical and digital channels interchangeably, often expecting the ability to begin a transaction in one channel and complete it in another. For example, a consumer may research a home loan online but complete the transaction in a bank branch.
Similarly, if a product is not available at a retail outlet, the customer expects an alternative channel like a self-service kiosk within the store to check availability of the product and order it instantly.
However, most businesses have no visibility of the customer's journey between channels, and the customer experience feels disjointed.
"Every industry is engaging its customers in multiple channels, but companies may be overlooking a more fundamental need — for a seamless, omni-channel approach that provides a single, unified experience for the customer across all touch points, locations and channels," said
"With our innovative omni-channel platforms, NCR will be able to provide more choice, greater control, and increased flexibility to our customers to improve service, cut costs and drive sales," he added.
With its view of more than 485 million transactions around the world each day, NCR is creating technology solutions with an omni-channel perspective in mind. The innovative technology works together to create a consistent consumer experience as they interact and transact with a business' online, mobile and physical channels.
"NCR will continue to invest in the
"We are encouraged to see banks and retail organisations in the region using technology that makes interaction with their customers more meaningful. It is therefore an excellent opportunity for us to support this positive trend by introducing innovative technologies that can dramatically change customers' experience," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan