The KSE benchmark fell 1.4 percent upon opening the past week trades, posting the heaviest daily fall in three months, while
The market closed the week trades with losses posted by the three main indices; the price index, 34.7 points, the weighted index, 1.66 percent and
Upcoming week is forecast to witness a prevailing lackluster atmosphere in the Kuwaiti bourse due to
Agility stocks made the exception in the last week operations, where these shares dominated 49.5 percent of the trades in the Monday session, at a value of KD 14.3 million of the total turn-over that reached KD 28.9 million, due to swaps of Agility shares by groups of investors.
Despite the week-long bearish trend, the KSE benchmark closed bullishly on Wednesday, amid hefty speculations on cheap chips.
Traders' purchase appetite was minimal in the Thursday session, thus putting the main indexes in the red zone.
Local and regional events that boosted investors' jitters, along with inactivity by the major players, led to a downward trend of the market and noticeable liquidity shrinking. (end) mke.tb.rk
All KUNA right are reserved
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey