The benchmark S&P Sensex is currently down 40.99 points or 0.53% at 7,602, while the broader CNX Nifty Index is down 37.45 points or 0.51% at 7,502.
Against the greenback, the rupee fell to a 10-day low of 60.0550. The pair closed last week's deals at 59.6800.
If the rupee extends its fall, it is likely to find support around the 60.39 zone.
Traders await the release of wholesale-price inflation data due at
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild