The benchmark S&P Sensex is currently down 40.99 points or 0.53% at 7,602, while the broader CNX Nifty Index is down 37.45 points or 0.51% at 7,502.
Against the greenback, the rupee fell to a 10-day low of 60.0550. The pair closed last week's deals at 59.6800.
If the rupee extends its fall, it is likely to find support around the 60.39 zone.
Traders await the release of wholesale-price inflation data due at
Most Popular Stories
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps