The rise in profit was driven by the company's business in the Horeca (Hotels, Restaurants and Cafes) sector in the
"Over the past two years,
While food consumption marginally increased in the GCC, Al Islami remained profitable by expanding beyond the region, according to
International sales grew by 14 per cent and 23 per cent in volume as a result of growing awareness about halal food in
"While we were consolidating our presence in the GCC, we were also looking outwards to reach countries that are witnessing a growing shift towards halal food," Badawi said.
Halal food accounts for around a fifth of global food trade, according to Datamonitor.
The Dh100 million facility, which is expected to be operational next year, will be located in
"The new plant is in line with our expansion strategy and will help us to satisfy the increasing regional demand for food products of global standards. This latest development is also an example of our commitment to continue to invest in the
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields