Speaking on the motion, the members said that though the government has tried to provide relief to the common man in the budget but this relief is not enough under the existing circumstances.
The members lauded the government's initiative like allocating more funds for Benazir Income Support Programme, announcement for establishment of
They said no steps have been taken to make tax system transparent and effective. They proposed that the tax net should be broadened by imposing tax on capitalists and well to do segments of the society.
The members proposed that to overcome the issue of circular debts and energy shortage in the country the IPPs should be nationalized. They said that the government should focus to end the energy crisis and take effective measures for creating an energy ministry in the country.
Briefly speaking on the occasion, Finance Minister
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July