Market closed slightly negative after a range-bound session. UBL witnessed some profit-taking after Government's offering at a discount to market price.
The KSE benchmark 100-share index shed by 16.92 points or 0.06 percent to end the day at 29766.38 points compared to 29783.30 points of the previous day.
Experts said stocks end lower amid institutional profit taking in energy stocks after circular debt crossed
Bourse traded 212.347 million shares after opening at 289.799 million shares and the value of traded shares was reduced to
Out of 349 companies, 159 closed in positive and 164 in negative while the value of 26 stocks remained intact. Highest decreased reflected in the price of Rafhan Maize down by
A dealer said PTC kept on increasing amid institutional interest 15m shares traded in the stock. Renewed interest was also seen in textile sector in anticipation of favourable textile policy while mid cap stocks led the volume. Top ten scrips were led by
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years