The Minister of State for IT
She stated this after briefings from various attached departments and organizations working under the
The Minister explained that the focus of the present government would be on human resource development in ICT sector for creation of better employment opportunities, moreover, this sector will contribute in economic growth and revenue generation.
PSEB was further directed to make a plan for establishing of Software Technology Parks across the country through joint ventures with local and foreign investors.
The Minister further advised the
The Minister directed ICT R&D to make proposals on focusing on research and development in next generation telecom networks and new technologies instead of wasting resources on those activities which are not mandate of the company. The Minister further desired USFCo to provide ICT services to unserved and underserved areas especially in schools, colleges and libraries of these areas.
The Minister has directed to fill all vacant positions on priority specially the Chief Executives of TF,
PSEB and USF through a transparent and merit based system so that competent professionals from all over the world be considered for selection on these posts.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel