Commissioning cum Induction Ceremony of PNS DEHSHAT, built at
Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila attended the ceremony as chief guest, said a press release issued by
The Naval Chief while commending the management and workers of the shipyard,
He said that
He added that construction of PNS DEHSHAT is a major step towards augmenting our potential in the field of defence production.
He expressed that focus on establishment of new shipyards is the need of the day as it will lay foundation for long term socio-economic benefits for
Chief of the Naval Staff also reiterated the crew that with their hardwork and dedication, PNS DEHSHAT will sail tall and strong, and will face every challenge with courage and tenacity which is hallmark of our sailors.
"To the Fleet Command, I may say that you are getting a ship well built and well tested that you may deploy as per the aspirations of
Earlier, Managing Director KS&EW thanked
PNS DEHSHAT is a 63 meter long Fat Attack Craft equipped with state of the art weapons and sensors including surface to surface missiles.It will also be able to undertake anti-air, search and rescue operations.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of CSOC, Diplomats and other high ranking officials of PN, federal government and KS&EW.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia