Federal Minister for Science and Technology
He was addressing the inaugural session of one day
The minister also mentioned the manifesto of the incumbent government of PML-N in which S&T sector had been placed at prominent position and hoped that the new S&T strategy 2014-2018 would aim at rapid development of human resources besides providing employment to youth.
Giving the example of
He stressed upon the establishment of strong linkages among the research institutes, academia and entrepreneurs to reorient Research and Development towards market requirements leading to national socio economic development.
Hamid lauded the initiative taken by
Speaking at the occasion, Chairperson PCST Prof. Dr.
She said that the workshop brought together scholars, scientists, researchers and teachers to share ideas and knowledge about various aspects of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) policy and sought their valuable suggestions for the implementation of the policy.
Many participants expressed concerns over the financial crunch in the S&T sector which is only 0.5% of the GDP and emphasized the need to enhance this allocation so that the STI policy could be implemented in true spirit.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego