Giving a policy statement in the budget session of the
"Prime Minister has decided to work on both Dasu and Bhasha dams. Land acquiring process in Gilgat Biltaistan has also started," Dar said, and took a credit that even NOC is now not required for this project.
Dar, in the presence of Prime Minister
Amid desk thumping only from treasury benches, the finance minister further informed that
This dam will generate cheap electricity on its completion. Dar further clarified that the incumbent government was not performing only Punjab- centric and Dasu in geographic location not in Punjab.
Earlier, the house witnessed verbal brawl between treasury and opposition about the issue of changing the loyalties with political factions. The budget specific session turned discussing political matters when
Taking the floor, PPP' lawmaker Aijaz Jhakrani also criticized
Participating in budget debate, PPP lawmaker Aijaz Jhakrani said the budgetary proposals have much conflict with ground realities. About Kalabagh dam, he said PPP would not allow making Kalabagh dam at any cost.
This government with its efforts has reduced load shedding in the country. Other lawmakers including
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers