Giving a policy statement in the budget session of the
"Prime Minister has decided to work on both Dasu and Bhasha dams. Land acquiring process in Gilgat Biltaistan has also started," Dar said, and took a credit that even NOC is now not required for this project.
Dar, in the presence of Prime Minister
Amid desk thumping only from treasury benches, the finance minister further informed that
This dam will generate cheap electricity on its completion. Dar further clarified that the incumbent government was not performing only Punjab- centric and Dasu in geographic location not in Punjab.
Earlier, the house witnessed verbal brawl between treasury and opposition about the issue of changing the loyalties with political factions. The budget specific session turned discussing political matters when
Taking the floor, PPP' lawmaker Aijaz Jhakrani also criticized
Participating in budget debate, PPP lawmaker Aijaz Jhakrani said the budgetary proposals have much conflict with ground realities. About Kalabagh dam, he said PPP would not allow making Kalabagh dam at any cost.
This government with its efforts has reduced load shedding in the country. Other lawmakers including
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply