Following is the text of press release issued by Easypaisa
Easypaisa brings this revolutionary, first of its kind innovative service to both its Mobile Account holders and Over-the-Counter (OTC) customers. Easypaisa Mobile Account holders can now move funds from any Bank Account into their Easypaisa Mobile Account and vice versa conveniently and securely, thus overcoming one of the hurdles of getting funds into the branchless banking systems.
Once the funds are in the Easypaisa Mobile Account, customers can proceed to use the most convenient and secure bill payment, money transfer or airtime recharge service in the country through the Easypaisa Mobile Account on their mobile phone.
For the OTC service, any customer can walk into any of the Easypaisa shops and deposit cash directly into any Bank Account. With 40,000 Easypaisa shops in more than 750 cities and nearly 6 million unique customers using Easypaisa services each month, banked customers can deposit cash into their Bank Accounts without having to go into their Bank Branches.
Customers will only need to approach an Easypaisa shop, provide their CNIC and their bank account number to use this service. This Cash Deposit facility will be available at Easypaisa shops while they are open, often late into the night and even on weekends.
"It is great step in the Branchless Banking industry, a revolutionary development which will act as a catalyst for the robust growth of the branchless banking industry in
"Easypaisa now connects the unbanked directly to the banking infrastructure by enabling them to send and receive money on their Mobile Accounts and through OTC services. Almost 80% of the population in this country is still unbanked and Easypaisa is working day and night to achieve financial inclusion of the unbanked people of
Expressing his view regarding this new service,
For more information, contact:
Address: 13-K, Moaiz Center,
Phone: +92 51 111 345 100
Fax: +92 51 2651923
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan