Brooklyn resident Jasmine Tolliver started a petition on Change.org requesting that Beyonce and Jay Z comb their daughter Blue Ivy's hair.
In her petition, Tolliver says that "as a woman who understands the importance of hair care. It's disturbing to watch a child suffering from the lack of hair moisture."
"The parents of Blue Ivy. Sean Carter A.K.A Jay-Z and Beyoncé has failed at numerous attempts of doing Blue Ivy Hair," she continues. "This matter has escalated to the child developing matted dreads and lint balls. Please let's get the word out to properly care for Blue Ivy hair."
"Comb her hair" has received 3,849 signatures thus far and multiple comments both supporting and criticizing the petition.
"I hate when a mother looks like a million dollars with their hair all done and the child looks like they haven't seen a comb since they were born," wrote user Cassie Lee.
"I think that this issue is absolutely ridiculous. You people really need to find better uses of your time. Who cares how the little girl's hair looks, she's not your child," commented John Doe.
Neither Beyonce nor Jay Z have addressed the petition thus far.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Beyonce, Jay Z asked to 'comb' Blue Ivy's hair in new Change.org petition
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree