The All Pakistan Anjuman-e-Tajiran, while appreciating the government decision of considering to accept 2,500 more applications for Hajj under official quota, has reiterated to cancel whole quota of private Hajj operators, who are looting the poor public in the name of faith. It is appreciable that that ministry has decided to increase the quota to facilitate the lower strata of society and small vendors, who cannot afford huge expenses of private Hajj operators but the authorities should also include those applications which were submitted few minutes early of official banking hours but accepted by the automated system of the ministry, APAT president
He said that ministry has declared some applications unsuccessful on the pretext that those were received before bank hours. It is pertinent to mention that at
All Pakistan Anjuman-e-Tajiran leader said that a large number of complaints by the traders have been lodged against the Haj office of ministry of religious affairs, who are not accepting their applications without gratification or commission.
He asked the government to facilitate small traders and general public by increasing size of the government Haj quota from the present level of 56,000, reducing the volume of private Haj quota drastically, as they are charging almost double from the intending pilgrims.
The government is presently charging about 300,000 for Haj while private Hajj operators demanding in the range of
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'