Jihadists aligned with the Islamic State of Iraq and
Crude for July delivery is gaining
There is already great speculation about the exact timing of the first rate hike and this decision is becoming more balanced, Carney said at the annual Mansion House speech in
Further, German consumer prices rose year-over-year in May confirming the preliminary estimates, final figures from Destatis showed.
Eurozone employment grew for the second straight quarter in the first three months of the year, Eurostat said. The number of employed rose 0.1% from the fourth quarter of 2013, when there was a similar gain.
Industrial production grew at a pace of 8.8% year-on-year in May, following April's 8.7% increase, figures from the
At the same time, retail sales advanced by a more-than-expected 12.5% annually in May, faster than the 11.9% rise seen a month ago. Sales were expected to rise by 12.1%.
Persimmon is declining 5.3%,
Industrial equipment rental firm
Other major markets in the region are also in the red.
The Asian stocks ended mixed, paring early losses, as energy stocks advanced and investors found comfort in Chinese industrial output and retail sales data that came along expected lines.
In the US, futures point to a lower open on
The Dow and the S&P 500 dropped about 0.7% each, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq fell 0.8%.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare