The U.S. stock market rebounded Friday after a two-day losing streak, helped by strong earnings news from chipmaker
The 30-issue Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 41.55 points, or 0.25 percent, to end at 16,775.74, after losing more than 100 points in the previous two sessions. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 13.02 points, or 0.30 percent, to 4,310.65, also the first rise after two days of loss.
The Dow got a lift from buying of
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers