The Development Bank of
This facility focuses to speed up the eradication of backlogs in water and sanitation, roads, electricity and housing related infrastructure, as well as to support the City s growth and development initiatives.
Supporting municipalities to deliver socio-economic infrastructure remains an important focus area for the DBSA to address the country s triple challenges of high unemployment, poverty and inequality.
The Bank participates in public bond issuance programmes and other funding, counting project finance, to accelerate the delivery of social and economic infrastructure, such as the
He said, "This is the inaugural 20-year loan tenure for the City, which remarkably coincides with the celebration of the country s 20 years of democracy.
"This level of capital investment in the City was, in part, necessitated by the need to improve the enlarged infrastructure of the City, which now includes the erstwhile municipalities of Metsweding, Nokeng Tsa Taemane and Kungwini.
"In this financial fear, 37% of the capital programme is funded through long-term borrowing and the rest being from capital grants and internal resources .
He said, "We are pleased to be part of this capital expansion programme, which signifies the Bank s commitment to contribute towards the development of social and economic infrastructure in the City of Tshwane, which is much needed to improve the quality of life of its 2.9 million residents.
"In ensuring that metropolitan municipalities remain the heartbeat of the country s economic growth, the DBSA has therefore embarked on a process to package a comprehensive support programme aimed at addressing each metro s unique requirements while at the same time ensuring that the Bank delivers on its development mandate .
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go