Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Request for Information (RFI) Regarding Sources Capable of Providing COMMUNICATIONS ARCHITECTURE
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: DTOS59-14-00025
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20590
Place of Performance Country: US
Request for Information (RFI) / Sources Sought Notice
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR AN INFORMATIONAL PRESENTATION ONLY. The resulting presentation will be reviewed solely for information and planning purposes - it does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFP in the future. This request for information does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. Further, the
* 1. Description
* 2. Eligibility to Present
DOT is currently in the requirements gathering stage and is only interested in presentations from communication solution manufacturers. At the present time, DOT has determined that a solution must meet the following requirements.
Carrier Class or Carrier Grade Solution - A capabilities or solution presentation must be based upon a carrier grade level of reliability. DOT recognizes Carrier Class solutions as well tested; proven and extremely reliable carrying "six nines" reliability.
Geographically Diverse with Nationwide Scalability - DOT Headquarters are located at 1200 New Jersey Ave.
On Premise Processing Component - DOT is interested in solutions with an on premise component enabling remote locations to operate in the event of isolation from a core or host component.
Enhanced 9-1-1 locating capabilities - DOT understands that Enhanced E-911 capabilities may be third party components of many possible solutions. E-911 locating capabilities need to be able to direct emergency responders to callers in specific room locations within a given building.
Demonstrated Success - Any proposed solution must have a minimum of 10 years in demonstrated success with past system performance, reliability, cost effectiveness and potential referrals. This requirement is reduced for cloud service providers that can provide customer testimonials for system performance, demonstrated reliability, and cost effectiveness.
* 3. Potential Cloud Solution
In an effort to bring agency communications in compliance with the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy, DOT is interested in presentations from cloud service providers who meet the eligibility outlined in section 2.
* 4. DOT Existing Environment
Limited existing environment information is provided below. DOT is in the process of finalizing communications requirements and would like to encourage the greatest amount of creativity when developing and presenting a proposed solution.
* Genband CS2100 release 13 - 6000 subscribers
* PSTN / Trunking presence at 800 Independence Ave.
* Avaya M-1 (CS1000) - 11 remote locations within the Metropolitan DC area.
* Cisco Unity Voice Mail - 6000 subscribers
* Cisco UCCX - 30 ACD Agents
* TelStrat Engage - utilized for call recording
* Cassidian NXT Communicator - utilized for mass notification
* Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft Office Professional 2010; Outlook version 14.0.7116.5000 (32-bit)
Field - Approximately 200+ Locations Nationwide:
* Cisco Call Manager Express - Field Deployments - 70+ locations - average 50 subscribers
* Remaining field locations utilize various manufacturer platforms, some are GSA provided
* 5. Specific Areas of Interest for Presentation
Reliability / Redundancy / Disaster Recovery - DOT is interested in how the proposed technologies or solutions provide reliable service through both architecture and or redundancy. The presentation should also discuss how services remain online through a catastrophic event.
Persona Specific Requirements - DOT has identified that all communication service subscribers can be distinguished by one of three personas. The presentation should highlight traditional communication methods and
* Stationary Worker -
* Part / Full-Time Teleworker - Part-Time and Full-Time teleworkers maintain flexible work location schedules, but are generally cycled between 2-3 locations with access to broadband network service.
* Field Personnel - Field Personnel are true mobile subscribers that travel from location to location often times with very limited access to broadband network services.
Unified Communication Capabilities - The future direction of DOT communications includes an increasing number of remote telework employees. Remote employees require the ability to communicate with peers through text messaging, document collaboration and video conferencing which includes one-to-one, one-to-many, ad-hoc and conference room attendance.
Geographic Diversity / Scalability - With a large headquarters location and multiple remote locations DOT is interested in the presented technology or solution's ability to incorporate geographic diversity. The solution must also demonstrate the ability for seamless growth as the enterprise incorporates locations outside the headquarters facility. The proposed solution must be able to accommodate any future DOT subscriber population growth up to approximately 25,000. DOT Headquarters potential - 8,000; Metropolitan DC total potential - 16,000 and nationwide total potential of 25,000.
Call Center Environments - Within the DOT environment are multiple Automatic Call Distribution configurations supporting traditional call center or call center like requirements. The presentation should show the solutions capabilities and advantages for accommodating a wide variety of inbound call management capabilities.
Cost of Ownership - Fiscal responsibility requires understanding of what initial and long term costs are involved with the presented technologies or solutions. DOT is interested in cost analysis that includes initial purchase and installation, 1st year and each subsequent year cost for the next five years.
Emergency Notification / Mass Notification - In the event of an emergency situation such as fire, severe weather or active shooter, DOT requires the ability to notify personnel by group or as a population. Communications will be one-way but must include the ability to accommodate hearing impaired, visual impairment and each of the unique subscribers identified within the three communications personas.
Return on Investment - With a general understanding of the current DOT communications infrastructure, DOT is interested in understanding how the presented technologies or solutions may provide a return on investment.
508 Compliance - The amended Rehabilitation Act of 1973 section 508 requires Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities. Please provide information on how the presented technologies or solutions provide compliance with section 508.
Environmental Impact - Please highlight environmentally friendly attributes to the presented technologies or solutions.
Unique Capabilities - Please present features, functions or attributes which make the presented technologies or solutions unique to comparable solutions available in the market today.
Proven History of Success - Please provide examples with some detail regarding other similar scope and size implementation of presented solution. Past Performances and References are requested, but not required.
ADDITIONAL RFI GUIDANCE:
* DOT will not provide reimbursement for any information that may be submitted in response to this
* This document is not a Solicitation, and responses to this
* This RFI does not promise that DOT will ultimately award any contract.
Responses to this
In addition to describing your product and/or services, please be sure to address, in your response, all of the requirements identified in this
Past Performance: Please note any experience you have at an agency of comparable size or organization to the DOT.
Cost/Price : Regardless of whether any configuration or re-configuration of your system would be needed in order to adapt it to the DOT requirements mentioned in this
Any company submitting a response to this
Oral Presentations: The DOT may determine after reviewing responses to the
Additional Contract Vehicles: Please advise if you provide your respective products/services via General Services Administration Schedule Contract, NASA SEWP and any other
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant