The choppy trading on
Some negative sentiment has been generated by news that Islamic militants have captured significant territory in
However, traders have also reacted positively to news that
While most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves in response to the mixed catalysts, notable weakness has emerged among gold stocks. The NYSE Arca Gold Bugs Index is down by 1.5% after moving sharply higher over the past few sessions.
Housing stocks are also seeing some early weakness, while strength is visible among semiconductor and computer hardware stocks.
Currently, the major averages are posting modest losses on the day. The Dow is down 11.04 points or 0.1% at 16,723.15, the Nasdaq is down 7.05 point or 0.2% at 4,290.58 and the S&P 500 is down 1.81 points or 0.1% at 1,928.30.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore