The publisher of regional newspapers including
Shares in Johnston were trading down 3.9% at
The company planned to raise
Johnston has been struggling against the declining traditional print advertising market, and as a result saw revenue decline in the first 17 weeks of 2014.
By raising the funds, the company is looking to secure a stable finance base to return to growth by shifting its business further towards digital advertising.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Ford is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'