Mfg sales figures out
Stock futures pointed to a lower opening for stocks in
The S&P/TSX composite index regained 17.47 points to conclude business Thursday at 14,909.60, with futures off 0.2%.
The Canadian dollar were flat at
Amaya Gaming Group Inc said on Thursday it will buy
Talisman Energy Inc is reviewing its Asian oil and gas portfolio, valued at about
On the economic slate, Statistics Canada reported that manufacturing sales edged down 0.1% in April to
Oil prices are stealing the show again Friday as markets close out a rough week. Central banks were in action, too.
Ahead of the opening bell, futures for the Dow Jones Industrials added 14 points, or 0.1%, to 16,692. Futures for the S&P 500 dropped two points, or 0.1%, to 1,921.25, and futures for the NASDAQ gained 2.25 points, or 0.1% to 3,766.25.
Intel shares were powering forward by roughly 5% in pre-market trading after the company announced a more positive outlook for the second quarter.
Google shares were under a bit of pressure, declining by roughly 1%.
This morning, the
Crude oil prices continue to trade at nine-month highs, pushing higher by roughly 1% to above
Oil prices were last this high in
Gold prices rallied by over
The pound climbed against the dollar to its highest level in years after the head of the Bank of
European markets were all declining in midday trading.
Asian markets ended with mixed results
Oil prices gained
Gold prices nicked ahead
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia