Though the central bank's action is clearly not friendly to the nation's banking sector, Fitch does not believe it represents a material challenge to local banks. The move essentially limits their room to further maneuver, should additional intervention measures be implemented.
Since 2012, when
We are also not surprised by the action, as other Latin American central banks in
Over time, we believe
Additional information is available on www.fitchratings.com.
The above article originally appeared as a post on the Fitch Wire credit market commentary page. The original article, which may include hyperlinks to companies and current ratings, can be accessed at www.fitchratings.com. All opinions expressed are those of Fitch Ratings.
Latin American Financial Institutions
Financial Institutions Fitch Wire
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad