World leader in communications technology and services,
The study showed that in 2014, phone users accessed 76,000 TB (terabyte) of data per month, doubling the 2013 figure of 37,500 TB per month.
The report revealed that the scale of the ongoing data revolution in the region with traffic growth doubling that of the past year, will continue to increase at twice the global rate in the next five years.
In 2015, the report said the figures are expected to double again with mobile phone users accessing 147,000 TB per month, and usage increasing 20 times in that order in the next five years.
According to the report, the rise of social media, content-rich apps and video content accessed from a new range of cheaper smartphones was largely responsible for the unprecedented rise.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers