"This shows what's possible with the right people working on a fully open source software stack with Baserock," said Codethink CEO
"Keeping the whole software stack open means you can innovate faster and optimise all the way down to the metal," said Codethink CTO
The NVIDIA Jetson TK1 features a 4-core A15 cpu and a 192-core Kepler K1, all for under
Baserock is an open source project originally created by Codethink engineers, which integrates a large set of open source and free software components into complete custom operating systems. It's a bit like a Linux distro, a build system, a workflow and a development environment all in one. The general aim of the project is to fix the things that are wrong with systems software engineering.
For more information about Baserock see http://wiki.baserock.org.
For more information about Codethink see http://www.codethink.co.uk.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11941126.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For