"This shows what's possible with the right people working on a fully open source software stack with Baserock," said Codethink CEO
"Keeping the whole software stack open means you can innovate faster and optimise all the way down to the metal," said Codethink CTO
The NVIDIA Jetson TK1 features a 4-core A15 cpu and a 192-core Kepler K1, all for under
Baserock is an open source project originally created by Codethink engineers, which integrates a large set of open source and free software components into complete custom operating systems. It's a bit like a Linux distro, a build system, a workflow and a development environment all in one. The general aim of the project is to fix the things that are wrong with systems software engineering.
For more information about Baserock see http://wiki.baserock.org.
For more information about Codethink see http://www.codethink.co.uk.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11941126.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs