This operation is a policy based loan (PBL), which is a fast-disbursing instrument that provides budget support to countries undertaking priority programs and reforms.
The Bolivian government is pursuing reforms to put into practice its new General Transportation Act (Law 165), which seeks to modernize roads, airports and railroads. The government also seeks to develop planning policies, establish coordination mechanisms, raise the quality of transportation services, and improve road safety and vehicle regulation.
The operation consists of an
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply