This operation is a policy based loan (PBL), which is a fast-disbursing instrument that provides budget support to countries undertaking priority programs and reforms.
The Bolivian government is pursuing reforms to put into practice its new General Transportation Act (Law 165), which seeks to modernize roads, airports and railroads. The government also seeks to develop planning policies, establish coordination mechanisms, raise the quality of transportation services, and improve road safety and vehicle regulation.
The operation consists of an
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women