The program aims to prepare the teachers of today and tomorrow by supporting training institutes for new teachers and by training close to half of the country's current primary education teachers.The program will also train primary school principals and develop and implement an information system for education (http://www.iadb.org/en/topics/education/education-initiative-in-latin-america,6448.html) management, which will benefit all of the country's primary and secondary schools.
In recent years the IDB has increasingly supported efforts to improve education and quality of teaching in
This is a 25 year loan with a grace period of five years, and an interest rate pegged to the LIBOR.
TNS 30BautistaJude 140614-4767025 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Garcia Takes a Long Shot at McCarthy