Commenting on today's FCA figures on interest rate hedging products, a spokesman for the BBA said:
"The banks have now written to almost all affected businesses advising them of the outcome of the review of their file. Nearly fourteen thousand of these customers have now received redress outcomes and over Pounds1 billion has been accepted.
"All redress outcomes have been verified by the independent reviewers appointed by the FCA. Every sum includes an additional payment of 8% to cover losses incurred by businesses, including loss of interest.
"Banks want to conclude the remaining reviews as quickly as possible and are working hard to make that happen."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140613-30TagarumaMar-4766069 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?