Commenting on today's FCA figures on interest rate hedging products, a spokesman for the BBA said:
"The banks have now written to almost all affected businesses advising them of the outcome of the review of their file. Nearly fourteen thousand of these customers have now received redress outcomes and over Pounds1 billion has been accepted.
"All redress outcomes have been verified by the independent reviewers appointed by the FCA. Every sum includes an additional payment of 8% to cover losses incurred by businesses, including loss of interest.
"Banks want to conclude the remaining reviews as quickly as possible and are working hard to make that happen."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140613-30TagarumaMar-4766069 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey