Next-generation solution helps broadcasters and post facilities achieve streamlined, accelerated, collaborative workflows – even in 4K WHAT: Avid is now shipping the next-generation ISIS® | 2500 (http://www.avid.com/us/products/isis2500) nearline shared storage system and ISIS 4.7 software package, which together deliver greater storage capacity and performance for demanding broadcast and post -production environments.
Key features of the new ISIS | 2500 system include:
· Expanded capacity and scalability—Featuring a choice of new 160 and 320 TB engines, ISIS | 2500 delivers expanded capacity to streamline media production. As storage needs grow, customers can easily scale capacity by employing up to five ISIS | 2500 Engines for a possible total of 1.6 PB of raw disk-based nearline storage, offering great cost efficiency when combined with ISIS | 7500 or ISIS | 5500. · Open, efficient, and flexible workflow—ISIS | 2500 was built with the entire media production workflow in mind. It tightly integrates with AirSpeed® 5000 (http://www.avid.com/products/Airspeed -5000) ingest/playout servers, Interplay (http://www.avid.com/products/family/Interplay)® asset management, and Media Composer® | Software (http://www.avid.com/products/family/Media-Composer), accelerating the end-to-end workflow. It also welcomes third-party applications and servers, enabling easy integration into existing infrastructures. · Access to media assets everywhere—Whether team members are on premises, reside in other parts of the world, or working on location, everyone can access and share media on ISIS | 2500 when used with Interplay | Production (http://www.avid.com/products/Interplay -Production), Avid MediaCentral | UX (http://www.avid.com/US/products/MediaCentral-UX), or Media Composer | Cloud (http://www.avid.com/US/products/Media-Composer-Cloud), extending real-time production everywhere. Intuitive, web-based ISIS administration and management tools make set-up and scaling workgroups easy. · Cost-effective, centralized media repository—ISIS | 2500 supports any and all media files, enabling organizations to store a massive amount of content from a variety of media sources and easily find needed assets later. With ISIS | 2500, it’s possible to store proxies or multiple versions of a project for different channels of delivery, and maintain a library of historic clips, stock footage, and commonly used assets. Avid Media | Director is the ideal solution to orchestrate file based workflows, free up camera media cards and disks by parking original source material on ISIS | 2500 until it’s needed for the final conform · Reliable protection—With RAID 6 protection against two concurrent disk failures, ISIS | 2500 offers dual-parity protection for greater peace of mind. · Single search capability—Search for assets across multiple storage tiers when using ISIS | 2500 within an Avid Interplay workflow. With the Media | Index (http://www.avid.com/US/products/media-index) module for the Media Suite, customers can search for, audition, and move clips and sequences across multiple Interplay databases, both local and remote, regardless of where the assets are stored.
Advantages of the updated ISIS 4.7 software include:
· Supports high-res media across all ISIS systems and 2K/4K and Ultra HD collaborative workflows with ISIS online systems · Supports real-time, collaborative high-res workflows with third -party creative applications, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk Smoke, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, and Apple Final Cut Pro X · Doubles ISIS | 5500 and ISIS 5000 storage capacity by increasing support for up to 12 storage engines each (up from six)
WHO: Introduced in April at the 2014 NAB Show as part of the Avid Storage Suite (http://apps.avid.com/avid -everywhere/products/storage-suite/), ISIS | 2500 helps broadcast and post organizations create, deliver, and monetize higher-quality, inspiring content through faster, more collaborative, and more efficient workflows, including 4K workflows.
Operating on the open, extensible, and customizable Avid MediaCentral Platform (http://apps.avid.com/avid-everywhere/products/avidmediacentral -platform/), ISIS | 2500 provides exceptional scalability, performance, media access, sharing, and protection that media organizations and broadcasters depend on to deliver great content to consumers everywhere, on multiple screens.
WHEN: ISIS | 2500 is immediately available for shipping. Pricing for ISIS | 2500 (with 160 TB ISIS Engine, System Director with Software License, and ExpertPlus Hardware Support) starts at
WHERE: For more information on purchasing ISIS | 2500 shared storage and other Avid solutions, visit: (insert link). Customers with an Avid Advantage ExpertPlus or Elite support plan can upgrade to ISIS 4.7 software by logging in to their Avid Master Account (https://www.avid.com/Account/orientation).
Through Avid Everywhere (http://apps.avid.com/avid-everywhere/?intcmp=AV -HP-S1)™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook (http://www.avid.com/facebook), Twitter (http://www.avid.com/ twitter), YouTube (http://www.avid.com/youtube), LinkedIn (http://www.avi d.com/linkedin), Google+ (http://www.avid.com/google); or subscribe to Avid Blogs (http://www.avidblogs.com/).
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- 'Turtles' Easily Tops 'Expendables 3' at Weekend Box Office
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean