We asked our followers what they thought of the president's plan to reduce the burden of college debt.
As a grad student, capping monthly loan payments to 10% of income sounds good. However, I'm most concerned about the jobless rate.
Reduce or eliminate interest instead. I've spent 25 years teaching, and I'm still paying. I'll be paying until I retire!
I think fewer people should go to college.
The president's action is a small but important first step. Hopefully, congressional Republicans will start to take this seriously.
For more discussions, follow @USATOpinion or #tellusatoday on
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation