We asked our followers what they thought of the president's plan to reduce the burden of college debt.
As a grad student, capping monthly loan payments to 10% of income sounds good. However, I'm most concerned about the jobless rate.
Reduce or eliminate interest instead. I've spent 25 years teaching, and I'm still paying. I'll be paying until I retire!
I think fewer people should go to college.
The president's action is a small but important first step. Hopefully, congressional Republicans will start to take this seriously.
For more discussions, follow @USATOpinion or #tellusatoday on
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go