We asked our followers what they thought of the president's plan to reduce the burden of college debt.
As a grad student, capping monthly loan payments to 10% of income sounds good. However, I'm most concerned about the jobless rate.
Reduce or eliminate interest instead. I've spent 25 years teaching, and I'm still paying. I'll be paying until I retire!
I think fewer people should go to college.
The president's action is a small but important first step. Hopefully, congressional Republicans will start to take this seriously.
For more discussions, follow @USATOpinion or #tellusatoday on
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks