- Transparent and accountable governance: strengthening public financial management,improving fiscal transparency and financial accountability, and supporting greater demand from citizens for government accountability.
- Empowerment of the poor and vulnerable: improving health and education outcomes, strengthening social protection and ensuring the availability of more timely and improved measurements of poverty.
- Rapid, inclusive and sustained economic growth: promoting economic policy reform for inclusive growth, boosting private sector development by improving the investment climate for firms of all sizes, including greater access to finance, and increasing productivity and job creation, especially in rural areas.
- Climate change, environment, and disaster risk management: increasing physical, financial and institutional resilience to natural disaster and climate change impacts, and improving natural resource management and sustainable development.
- Peace, institution building, and social and economic opportunity: supporting social and economic development in conflict-affected regions in Mindanao, including the Bangsamoro.
"With the Philippines among the fastest growing countries in the world, this strategy offers a unique opportunity for the
The CPS is a joint strategy of the three members of the
The indicative new financial commitment from IBRD may average
"The new CPS of the
Socioeconomic Planning Secretary and Director General
"The Aquino government focuses on attaining sustained high economic growth that is inclusive. More equitable access to development opportunities will ensure that even the poor will gain from and contribute to growth through highly productive and quality employment and effective social safety nets to protect the vulnerable sectors of society.
Strong macro-economic fundamentals have enabled
The new CPS benefitted from extensive consultations with various stakeholders in different parts of the country, including civil society representatives, national and local government officials from oversight and implementing agencies, private/business sector, academia, members of the legislature and other development partners.
For more information, visit: www.worldbank.org/ph
Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/worldbank
Be updated via Twitter: www.twitter.com/worldbankasia
For our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/worldbank
To subscribe to our email updates: bit.ly/17RfZkK
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140613-30FurigayJane-4765439 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer