First-time claims for US unemployment benefits unexpectedly increased in the week ended
The report said initial jobless claims edged up to 317,000, an increase of 4,000 from the previous week's revised level of 313,000. Economists had expected jobless claims to dip to 310,000.
The report released by
The greenback extended slide to 1.6841 against the pound, its lowest since
The greenback eased back to 0.8990 against the franc after the data, after having improved to 0.9011 during early European deals. The next possible downside target for the greenback-franc pair lies around the 0.89 level.
Reversing from an early 1-week high of 1.3511 against the euro, the greenback ticked down to 1.3538. The greenback may probably target support at the 1.36 level.
The buck briefly pared gains to 101.98 per yen, off its previous high of 102.13. The greenback may find support around the 101.00 region.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland